Author Topic: PAw with Audio  (Read 4245 times)

neilmurg

PAw with Audio
« on: June 16, 2018, 07:17:56 pm »
As part of the radio 8.33 upgrade we got a Garmin 345 Audio panel so now have an audio jack that the PAw can use. I've used it on the last few flights from Blackbushe
It has made an incredible change to the impact of the PAw, especially in the circuit, I'm getting extra info for SA, including aircraft passing over the ATZ that aren't on frequency. We had 5 in the circuit today and it was a big help tracking the other aircraft, no screen watching involved, all 'eyes out'.
Nice job guys.
I'm doing Project Propeller tomorrow, 115 aircraft arriving, I think it might be useful....

Admin

Re: PAw with Audio
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 07:30:43 pm »
Hi Neil

Thats great thanks for the feedback

Thx
Lee

PaulSS

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 09:40:02 am »
Ghostly voice.....Bluetooth audiooooo......Bluetooth audioooooo   ;D ;D

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 12:49:54 pm »
You keeping up the pressure Paul, and making sure it's developed.  :)

PaulSS

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 02:32:46 pm »
Ahhh, so you noticed my subtle hint  ;D

I thought if I just slip 'Bluetooth audio' in at every opportunity then my not-very-subtle subliminal 'suggestion' will win through  ;)

Seanhump

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 10:37:42 pm »
I was only thinking today of adding this to the enhancements section - I've just started using a BT transmitter with a pair of in ear earbuds inside my regular headset (which works surprisingly well)

Bluetooth Audio from a Pi (the 3 obviously) would remove the need for an extra bolt on ...
Pilotaware user ...

Chris Parsons

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 09:15:09 am »
I managed to get BT Audio on my PAW by getting one of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232780263567

Cost less than 7 quid and connects to my Bose A20 headset using Bluetooth, has a rechargeable battery and is pretty compact?

Cheers

Chris

PaulSS

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 10:40:50 am »
Hi Chris,

Yes, they're good bits of kit and I have one but, without boring you by repeating my previous writings of my permanent-mount plans, the built-in BT offered by the Pi3B would be a better solution for me and, I think, others in the future.

AllanBirt

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 10:45:54 am »
Yes I like the idea of using the internal Bluetooth on the Pi3.  :) :)

I also have the later version of the Bose A20 headset for it to work on.  ;) ;)

Hopefully this will come soon  ;D

exfirepro

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 10:57:15 am »
I was only thinking today of adding this to the enhancements section - I've just started using a BT transmitter with a pair of in ear earbuds inside my regular headset (which works surprisingly well)

Bluetooth Audio from a Pi (the 3 obviously) would remove the need for an extra bolt on ...

Hi Sean,

Bluetooth audio is already on the ‘development ideas list’ (thanks to PaulSS’s and others’ persistence ;)). A few users are already using various Bluetooth transmitters with Pi2s (Classics). I have tried this successfully, but don’t currently have a Bluetooth headset, so am interested in what ‘ear-buds’ you are using. Can you post a link please.

Regards

Peter

Seanhump

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 05:45:29 pm »
I use the Taotronics Bluetooth transmitter https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Transmitter-TaoTronics-Portable-Transmission-Black/dp/B00Q2EGQQU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529599260&sr=8-2&keywords=taotronics+bluetooth+transmitter

Interesting I paid £19 for mine from Amazon …

As for the earbuds, they are the Skullcandy Ink'd wireless https://www.skullcandy.co.uk/shop/earbuds/bluetooth-earbuds/inkd-wireless?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6bDi1Znl2wIVDCjTCh0WzQ_wEAAYASAAEgLTWvD_BwE

Handy, as all of the 'gubbins' is away from the earbuds, making them small enough to sit in the ear inside the headset (I use one side only).
Using the smallest rubber earpiece means they sit in the ear, but don't block that much from the headset either (I up the volume on one side slightly to compensate)

With the neck strap arrangement, the wire going to the earbud is thin enough to not impact at all on the sealing of the Bose earcup on the side of your face!

Works surprisingly well!!

Cheers
Pilotaware user ...