Author Topic: First Time Booting  (Read 75712 times)

Tony Crome

Re: First Time Booting
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2015, 10:59:10 am »
I'm having similar problem as keithvinning had some time ago. Boots up as far as the License Fail message. My iPad gets the wifi from Pilotaware successfully. I have typed into Safari https://192.168.1.1 to enter the code but it says 'unable to connect due no server. However on one attempt it did connect and I entered the code given in brackets next to' Pilotaware' on the screen.  But the License Fail message remained. Now it will not connect again. I'm using the stated hardware and Runway HD with Flarm On and also the Collision Aware enabled although that just remains at Connect...
Any advice please ?
Thanks Tony

Admin

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2015, 02:48:28 pm »
Hi Tony

you mention connecting to
https://192.168.1.1

This should be
http://192.168.1.1

This is not a secure http, please double check that first, then re-post again

Thx
Lee

Tony Crome

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2015, 03:43:55 pm »
Re booting problem:

Thank you Lee, my mistake should of course be http:// . I can now log in via Safari. I get to the Configure screen and have entered the code in brackets and saved. However I am still getting the 'License Fail' messages. I tried re-booting via the iPadconfigure screen but the Raspberry again stops at the License Fail message?

Admin

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2015, 03:47:22 pm »
Re booting problem:

Thank you Lee, my mistake should of course be http:// . I can now log in via Safari. I get to the Configure screen and have entered the code in brackets and saved. However I am still getting the 'License Fail' messages. I tried re-booting via the iPadconfigure screen but the Raspberry again stops at the License Fail message?

Hi Tony

OK, if this still fails it is one of two issues
1. You supplied an incorrect code for the license generation
2. You have typed the License code incorrectly

The characters ar all HEXADECIMAL, and should all be in the range 0-9 A-F, can you confirm this ?

I looked in the database, but could not find your email address, did you use a different email address for the license generation ?

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:48:55 pm by Admin »

Tony Crome

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »
Thanks Lee - I've got the code in correctly - didn't appreciate I had to obtain one from you.

The Raspberry now accepts the code but it now fails at SER-ARF. Tries to connect at 9600 baud then 57600 baud. Last message:  'Configuration Failed',
Is this because I have not got the ARF installed or do I need to do something to disable the ARF  connection attempt ?

Many thanks for the assistance Tony

Admin

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2015, 04:45:23 pm »
Thanks Lee - I've got the code in correctly - didn't appreciate I had to obtain one from you.

The Raspberry now accepts the code but it now fails at SER-ARF. Tries to connect at 9600 baud then 57600 baud. Last message:  'Configuration Failed',
Is this because I have not got the ARF installed or do I need to do something to disable the ARF  connection attempt ?

Hi Tony,
This is fine, it will continue in ADS-B Only mode, regardless of the missing ARF.

You should now be able to connect SyDemon/RunwayHD/EasyVFR ....
Thx
Lee

BobD

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2015, 05:28:10 pm »

Hi Tony,

I had the same problem (Configuration Failed) on one of my units, and traced it to a faulty/damaged ARF board
Replace it with a new one, and it worked first time.

However, I think Lee's advice would be to wait until the suspension of ARF fitting is resolved before replacing it.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:30:51 pm by BobD »

Admin

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2015, 05:53:17 pm »
However, I think Lee's advice would be to wait until the suspension of ARF fitting is resolved before replacing it.

absolutely.
Thx
Lee

Gyronaut

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2015, 07:50:41 pm »
Hi Admin, I've entered the configuration licence code and installed PilotAware Android on my Nexus 7 tablet. The Nexus 7 is using Android version 4.4.4. My SkyDemon version is 3.4.2.20312. I've set the connectivity option to FLARM and air connect key is 6000. However when I select “GO FLYING” I get the following warning “Failed to establish a connection with the Butterfly Connect unit”. Do you have any advice on what I can do to rectify this failure condition?

Admin

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2015, 08:33:44 pm »
Not sure Im afraid, i wonder if any other android users can comment.
I recall somebody mentioned an issue with an old version of skydemon, once they updated everything worked
Thx
Lee

Gyronaut

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2015, 09:51:13 pm »
I have the latest SkyDemon version 3.4.2 installed, which was released on 30 September 2015. What I need to get is advice on how to set-up the Android tablet software from the beginning.

sky_high30

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2015, 10:26:14 pm »
OK, I updated to the latest software release - it now gets that far but then goes to "SER-TRX Configuration Failed after 6 goes at 9600 Baud and 11 goes at 57600 Baud"...

Any ideas?

Admin

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2015, 11:00:54 pm »
OK, I updated to the latest software release - it now gets that far but then goes to "SER-TRX Configuration Failed after 6 goes at 9600 Baud and 11 goes at 57600 Baud"...

Any ideas?

Do you have a transceiver installed ?
If not this is expected to fail, but is not a problem

Thx
Lee

sky_high30

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2015, 10:31:54 pm »
This was only with the Wireless chip and a TV Tuner installed.

Could be a dead TV tuner?

Admin

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2015, 10:29:42 am »
This was only with the Wireless chip and a TV Tuner installed.
Could be a dead TV tuner?

Why do you think the TV tuner is dead ?
The Error messages you reported earlier are expected, because you do not have a Transceiver in the PI.
That is fine, it should still pick up ADS-B traffic.

So just resetting a moment.
What is the problem you are seeing ?

1. Can you connect to the PilotAware Hotspot ?

2. Have you successfully entered the license key ?

3. Can you connect SkyDemon/RunwayHD or whatever Nav tool you are using ?