Author Topic: Quick build for this weekend, or borrow.  (Read 3964 times)

Quick build for this weekend, or borrow.
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:13:15 pm »
I've just realised that I've got a Pi Zero, dvb-t dongle, GPS dongle and wifi dongle all lying around. Then I had an email asking if I would like to fly to Fairoaks on Sunday.

Pilots at The Flying Shack at Gloucester are waiting for the complete PAW launch, mainly because Ive been bending their ears about how impressive it was at Hinton.

So...

should I have a go at building a system for Sunday, or am I going to be rushing for the sake of it.

Or, could I borrow a system from somewhere?

Paul - the photographer

exfirepro

Re: Quick build for this weekend, or borrow.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 09:16:08 am »
Hi Paul,

Don't know if you have read this thread about the Pi Zero http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,263.0.html    It appears not to be viable for PAW at present.

I realise it's frustrating having to wait, but as Dave Styles says the full release PAW is now only weeks away it's probably better to wait rather than try and demo something that's not fully operational.

Best regards

Peter

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:18:04 am by exfirepro »

Keithvinning

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 12:30:24 am »
Hi Paul
Unfortunately I don't have any units that you could have at short notice as all of my units are currently in Europe on a special mission. Sorry. By the way it doesn't work with pi0

Regards

Keith

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 07:19:47 am »
Never mind, I've built the Zero into an ADSB receiver for the 360Radar network, to be installed at The Flying Shack tomorrow.  Hopefully it will give us coverage down to circuit level