Author Topic: PAW, OGN & FR24  (Read 3804 times)

Julian

PAW, OGN & FR24
« on: April 23, 2018, 08:49:24 pm »
I continue to be impressed with PAW running with Skydemon, well done all involved!

I have been within range of OGN Uplink sites in the general Sywell area and have registered on the OGN database, this looks to have worked as I have an entry on http://ktrax.kisstech.ch/cgi-bin/flarm-txrange.cgi?command=who (although I dont know "what possible duplicate" means), if this OGN registration has worked should I also be visible on FR24 (I have a business account via my FR24 receiver/feed) as I have yet to appear there?

Thanks,
Julian

Ben Smith

• Engineering
  • Glider pilot, electronics engineer and Beekeeper.
    • View Profile
Re: PAW, OGN & FR24
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 09:13:46 pm »
Julian,
It can take a while for OGN entries to show on FR24 as they only periodically parse the OGN database, however once it is done then you should be visible.
Sorry I cannot give a more definitive answer but I don’t know how often it is done.
Ben.

Ben Smith

• Engineering
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:22:53 pm »
Julian,
If you go to the OGN forum and put FR24 in the the search box there is quite a bit of information there, one thing I noticed is that if you use your ICAO id then FR24 filter it out and you won’t be shown.

Julian

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:57:14 pm »
Thanks - on the OGN Device registration I have selected ICAO and entered the hex Device ID, is this correct?

Julian

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:14:27 pm »
Julian,
If you go to the OGN forum and put FR24 in the the search box there is quite a bit of information there, one thing I noticed is that if you use your ICAO id then FR24 filter it out and you won’t be shown.
Hi Ben - Can you clarify this about ICAO code please? thanks, Julian

Ben Smith

• Engineering
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 09:50:47 pm »
Julian,
No personal experience with this, but reading the OGN forum (https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openglidernetwork/af4b77ee-a5af-44d0-96ea-17a4766bec24%40googlegroups.com)
It states that ICAO ID’s are not used by FR24, to quote from Sebastien’s post

“FR24 doesn't use Flarmnet database.
They use data coming from ddb.glidernet.org. (but i'm not sure about when they retrieve the content)
If you use ICAO ids, it will not be visible on FR24 as they filter this type of id.
We send all data to FR24, but they apply some filtering. Tou need to check with them to know more.”

Hope this helps, it is probably better to post the query on the OGN forum, then one of the developers can give you a definitive answer.
Ben.

PaulRuskin

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 09:12:25 am »
I don't think it's true that FR24 filter ICAO IDs.

I use an ICAO ID and I show up fine.

Paul

Julian

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 08:39:55 pm »
This is all rather odd - I am assuming now that I have set something wrong somewhere.
From last Sunday ktrax has seen me but nothing on FR24.
Any thoughts anyone? What does "possible duplicate" mean?

Last measurement:   2018-05-06T13:28:21Z
Callsign/ID:   G-CCAZ/ogn:40487C (possible duplicate)
Versions:   Hardware: -/Software: -
Received by:   16 OGN station(s)
Echos used:   25632 out of 25812
Average frequency deviation:   -6 kHz
Average GPS accuracy:   1 m
Position jumps:   915
SAR:   Map
Database version:   ktrax-ogn v2.2.4