Author Topic: Updated Key needs to be entered in each profile  (Read 2331 times)

crackle

Updated Key needs to be entered in each profile
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:21:09 pm »
It seems that the licence key needs to be entered in each configuration profile or else it will upload the old expired key when the non-updated profile is selected. Also it seems the unit needs to be powered down to retain the key - in each profile.

Is this all correct?

Christopher

exfirepro

Re: Updated Key needs to be entered in each profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:48:13 pm »
Christopher,

I take it you were entering your new Key after a Licence Renewal. This is a new one to me. I have certainly never come across this problem before. Normally when you enter the licence key on the Configure Screen and press 'Save' at the bottom, PAW will simply save the key. What is presumably happening in your case is that your PAW is saving the licence Key as part of the individual profile and when you select a different profile it is bringing the old Key back in with the 'Cached' Profile. I take it your PAW then reports 'Licence Expired' for that profile - is that correct? If this is the case, we need to get Lee to take a look at this.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards

Peter

crackle

Re: Updated Key needs to be entered in each profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:50:17 pm »
It wasn't reporting the the licence expired, but the expiry date was only 5 days ago so that may be the reason.

Christopher