Author Topic: Swapping SD cards between PAW units  (Read 2774 times)

Moffrestorer

Swapping SD cards between PAW units
« on: April 09, 2018, 08:00:18 am »
Hi Lee,

Quick question. If I have reformatted an SD card and loaded latest Software and had it running in my spare PAW (PAW1). Can I transfer that SD card to PAW2 that lives in the aircraft? Tried it yesterday and home page shows MAC address etc of spare PAW still, when checking PAW2 homepage. Is there an easy way to get around this without having to go through the reformat process once again and then placing the SD card directly into PAW2?

Thought process; if I left the SD card (as it is currently) for longer in PAW2 will it reconfigure so that the software will run OK, like an initial boot up or doesn’t it work that way?

Thx,

Chris
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:38:40 am by Moffrestorer »

AlanG

Re: Swapping SD cards between PAW units
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:44:31 pm »
Hi Chris

Looks like you may have run into the fairly usual problem of the "cashed " page in your browser.
Try opening a new page by typing in the 192.168.1.1 again and hopefully will pick up the new mac address.  You will then of course have to input your software key into the config page.
You did keep a note of it didn't you before you replaced the card?  :-\

Regards
Alan

Moffrestorer

Re: Swapping SD cards between PAW units
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 09:26:18 pm »
Thanks Alan,

I did wonder about caching, but if you hit the refresh in the browser address bar you’d think it would be the same as re-entering the 192.. address.

I reverted to previous Software/SD card today at the airfield as I needed to demonstrate correct ADS-B Out status to my Inspector. After  correcting the software key all went well. I generally take a screenshot of the Config page so I have a record of it for each unit.