Author Topic: Videos  (Read 2542 times)

PaulSS

Videos
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:55:13 am »
It seems to me that certain topics often get repeated. Sometimes it's a result of laziness and a seeming inability to use the search function, other times it's just the result stemming from a different problem. We regularly see Peter telling people how to update things, or re-install such-and-such and I just wondered if it was worth a few videos being made of how to do these things. I don't know about others but if I am shown how to do something I'll grasp the idea straight away. That's not really the case with reading instructions (but that may have more to do with my X + Y).

If this is considered a worthy idea and, more importantly, something that could easily be done by the lovely people of PAW, do you think it would be worth us listing what videos we think would be worthwhile?

Just kicking off from other threads, I would like to see the two methods of updating PAW shown and how to do a complete re-install. These videos could emphasise things like not renaming files, making sure old ones aren't on the USB, installing on the root directory etc.

What is the opinion of our august company  :)

GeoffreyC

Re: Videos
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 09:49:21 pm »
It seems to me that certain topics often get repeated. Sometimes it's a result of laziness and a seeming inability to use the search function, other times it's just the result stemming from a different problem. We regularly see Peter telling people how to update things, or re-install such-and-such and I just wondered if it was worth a few videos being made of how to do these things. I don't know about others but if I am shown how to do something I'll grasp the idea straight away. That's not really the case with reading instructions (but that may have more to do with my X + Y).

If this is considered a worthy idea and, more importantly, something that could easily be done by the lovely people of PAW, do you think it would be worth us listing what videos we think would be worthwhile?

Just kicking off from other threads, I would like to see the two methods of updating PAW shown and how to do a complete re-install. These videos could emphasise things like not renaming files, making sure old ones aren't on the USB, installing on the root directory etc.

What is the opinion of our august company  :)

Good idea.  The more ways of guiding people through the process the better.  Its sad to read of people who get disheartened by the update or configuration processes, some videos may make this easier

exfirepro

Re: Videos
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:53:32 pm »
Hi Guys,

There are a number of official PilotAware videos on YouTube, plus quite a few ‘unofficial’ ones, though I agree we could do with a few more to help with common problems, like updating seems to be for some. Looks like we also need better ‘signposting’ from here and the PilotAware.com website to let users know that the videos exist.

I will suggest it to the website and Facebook site guys.

Regards

Peter