Author Topic: Decreasing ADS-B traffic  (Read 12592 times)

ianfallon

Re: Decreasing ADS-B traffic
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 03:31:13 pm »
I just saw this with mine:

- Connect everything up and start PAW.
- Run Skydemon and connect.
- Briefly see A LOT of ADS-B traffic, maybe 30 aircraft.
- Suddenly they disappear and I see approx 3 aircraft.

Honestly the 3 was probably more accurate given where it was placed.

I quickly looked at the status of the PAW on the web interface and it looks like it had lost GPS fix. It was placed in a very poor / marginal GPS (or indeed ADS-B) reception position.

I've not seen this happen when the PAW has a reasonable view of the sky / good fix.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:18:57 pm by ianfallon »

the_top_pilot

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 10:43:12 pm »
I have had an interesting effect it might be worth noting.

If I use my pilot aware and monitor aircraft everything compares to FlightRadar24.
If it then log off but leave my PAW on for a couple of hours when I log back on again the screen is awash with hundreds of aircraft, after a few seconds the number come down to a sensible realistic display again akin to FlightRadar24.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2015, 02:33:50 am »
Yes, it has everything duplicated quite a few times on the screen for a couple of seconds.

GarethHorne

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 03:14:33 pm »
I'm seeing the same duplication of aircraft when first connecting to the PilotAware unit - occurs on both the android tablet (Nexus 7 2012) and on the Windows 7 PC (both running SkyDemon), disappears within 5 seconds or so and returns to normal, screenshots attached.

Admin

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 03:53:17 pm »
If I display all NAV messages in diagnostics in the config page, then when you connect you can see all the traffic info it supplies.
I will try this and see if it gets a 'burst' on that first connection

Thx
Lee

FERRYAIR

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 08:17:58 pm »
Today was the first time I have used PAW in a Flying mode & it was showing the localised traffic on start up & departure, after about 5minutes I was getting very sporadic returns on localised traffic but I was getting extremely good returns on a ICE flight that was probably 40nm away but at 39500ft.

Some local VFR traffic didn't show up at all, so I guess I should look out the window still  8)

Richard

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 08:25:02 pm »
That is correct you will have to get the local VFR Traffic to build there Own PilotAware or start transmitting ADS-B then you will see them too   :)
Richard.
Europa XS

GarethHorne

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 06:31:12 pm »
I'm seeing the same duplication of traffic on startup with the latest release (20151114) that was cured in the previous one

Admin

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 06:48:40 pm »
I'm seeing the same duplication of traffic on startup with the latest release (20151114) that was cured in the previous one

Yes apologies, adding the traffic web browser broke it. Its fixed in internal so will be ok in next release.

GarethHorne

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 06:55:57 pm »
Thanks Lee - still not had the opportunity to take it flying yet unfortunately.