Author Topic: Is SkyDemon Offline with PAW  (Read 2584 times)

mdp54

Is SkyDemon Offline with PAW
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:47:26 am »
I have just received my PAW Classic and am testing and learning, all good so far, however.

Once the PAW is switched on and my tablet is set to the PilotAware Wi-Fi signal does that mean that I can only use SkyDemon in offline mode?

I have tried to access Pooley's plates but it says I'm currently offline although I have a 4G phone & data signal.

I'm guessing this is a phone/tablet issue but does anyone know of a workaround?
Many thanks

Admin

Re: Is SkyDemon Offline with PAW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:57:21 am »
That does not sound right  :o
If you have a cellular ipad, you should still get 3/4g access with Pilotaware connected

Can You confirm the version of PilotAware you are running, early versions did have an issue, but since 20170721, this should be fine

Do you still have the 3g 4g symbol in top left corner with Pilotaware connected?

Thx
Lee

mdp54

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 11:08:55 am »
Lee thanks for your reply.

My PAW version number is 20170721

As I connect to the PAW Wi-Fi I get a warning that comes up saying "Internet may not be available" which it isn't, a check on both my phone and tablet network sim status show that when connected to PAW WiFi that the 'Mobile Network State' is shown as disconnected. If I then turn Wi-Fi off the mobile network status changes to 'Connected'. The 4g symbol appears and disappears consistent with the mobile network state.

Phone Galaxy 7 Edge with Android Ver 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab ActiveSM-T365 Android 5.1.1

Thanks for your time,
Mike

Admin

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:06:56 pm »
Hi Mike,

OK, so this seems android specific.
On IOS, it detects that the PAW is not a router, so continues to use its 3G/4G interface for outgoing traffic.
I presume that there must be a way for Android to detect this too ?

thx
Lee