British Forum > OGN-R PilotAware

Update of station / remote login

<< < (3/4) > >>

PaulRuskin:
Hi Lee

Before I send out a bunch of new OGNR stations, can we just check what the update procedure is for

1. a new PAW version and
2. a new OGN version

Bearing in mind it needs to be done remotely via an SSH login.

Thanks

Paul

Admin:
Hi Paul,

Good question.

For updating an OGN version - I do not have anything in place to do this automatically, any guidance on how we could do that would be welcome.

For PAW, there is a script which you can run. This will check ourt website for a newer version, if it exists, it will donwload and install. The process for doing this would be as follows - you can use ssh or shellinabox

$ ssh ognpaw.local
<enter credentials>
$ cd rtlsdr-ogn
$ ./PilotAware-OGN.update.sh

Thx
Lee

PaulRuskin:
OK, thx

Are you doing anything special with the OGN software that means that a conventional OGN update would break it?

Paul

Admin:

--- Quote from: PaulRuskin on January 28, 2018, 11:13:55 am ---OK, thx
Are you doing anything special with the OGN software that means that a conventional OGN update would break it?
Paul

--- End quote ---

Hi Paul
No changes to ogn-rf or ogn-decode
I have a modification in the .conf file which starts the daemons, but only to add in a new process launch

--- Quote ---50002  pi   /home/pi/rtlsdr-ogn  ./PilotAware-OGN.exe
--- End quote ---

Thx
Lee

Ben Smith:

--- Quote from: Admin on January 28, 2018, 10:13:25 am ---Hi Paul,

Good question.

For updating an OGN version - I do not have anything in place to do this automatically, any guidance on how we could do that would be welcome.

For PAW, there is a script which you can run. This will check ourt website for a newer version, if it exists, it will donwload and install. The process for doing this would be as follows - you can use ssh or shellinabox

$ ssh ognpaw.local
<enter credentials>
$ cd rtlsdr-ogn
$ ./PilotAware-OGN.update.sh

Thx
Lee

--- End quote ---

How do we install the script? When I try running the command above it tells me “no such file or directory” I am running a pre compiled image from quite a while back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version