Author Topic: Lenovo Tab3 7 connection problem  (Read 20119 times)

exfirepro

Re: Lenovo Tab3 7 connection problem
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2018, 04:50:46 pm »
Well Done Vic, a brave man  ::) !

Glad you seem to have got to the bottom of the problem. Thankfully not a road I've had to go down..... so far, though I have a son who just rooted a Kindle Fire he bought for my Grandson, so he (my son) could put his preferred stuff on instead of being bullied by Amazon.

Hope they're not reading this  :-\

All the best

Peter

Vic

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2018, 05:07:09 pm »
Thanks Lee, I have now corrected my post. Yes i was very convinced it was not the PAW at fault when I replaced the WiFi dongle.

Vic

Vic

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2018, 06:04:38 pm »
Flew today with it (to OGN equipped Turweston. They saw me coming well over 10Nm out!)

The tablets PAW link was flawless no breaks both there and back!  ;D

Keithvinning

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2018, 06:17:22 pm »
When you say they saw me......... was this the guys in the tower? Did they have a PAW

Vic

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2018, 06:30:10 pm »
Yes,  sorry  Keith, an OGN uplink has been recently installed atop their very high tower!

Keithvinning

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2018, 07:28:40 pm »
Yes. Turweston a brilliant location sponsored by the LAA (Nice chaps join now) and we will be reinstalling their PilotAware Ground Radar Station next week after improving the system.

With this anyone, club or individual who has an OGN-R station at their Club will get real time RADAR information and see PilotAware, FLARM, ADSB, Mode C and Mode S aircraft (the last 2 delayed by 4-5 seconds) within up to 30Km radius of their site. At last a real time (and near real time) RADAR system at your club for not a lot of money. As someone recently said we now have better information than RAF Benson!

If anyone wants more information drop me a PM

Keith

Vic

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 04:26:33 pm »
As an update to this issue, the connection problem with my Lenovo Tab 3-8 returned after some 3 or 4 flights.

About to bin the Tablet and revert to my old Google Nexus 7, I did one last internet search.

One suggestion was to create another user for the tablet, making it dual login.  This I did, but it's an account I have never used since.

The disconecction problem has NEVER returned in over 6 months flying. Heaven knows why this fixed it but it just shows never to discount the ridiculous with modern IT!

BobD

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2019, 11:31:19 am »
Just wondered if anyone has found a solution to this problem for the 7" Lenovo Tab 3. Unfortunately, it doesn't give the option to add another User, so can't try that potential solution.
The dropout occurs very occasionally for me, so more of an annoyance than a problem. I have attached a couple of screenshots from my recent flight back to Gamston from Tatenhill. The first shows the dropout on the Tab  occurring a couple of times. My Tab is using PAW as the source. The second shows a complete log from the same flight, from my Android phone, but this is using Skyview GPS as the source.

As I said, more of an annoyance than a problem (hitting Go-Fly usually reconnects until the next drop-out).

Vic

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2019, 01:41:01 pm »
Bob, the Tab 3-7 should have a multi user or a kids mode  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9hCh-hRt8
Maybe try adding a fictitious 'kid'  :D

BobD

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2019, 02:39:44 pm »
Vic, Thanks for the suggestion, but it appears my Tab 3 (Lenovo TB3-710F Android 5.0.1) doesn't have this feature, and searching the forums, it looks like it isn't upgradeable either  :(

One interesting thing to come out of my search for an upgrade was the request from someone else for an upgrade to fix their problem of the Wi-Fi dropping out now & then. Maybe this is what is causing the problem I am experiencing.

Vic

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2019, 03:57:21 pm »
Sounds like your problem is a little different then Bob. Mine would literally disconnect briefly every 20 seconds or less for the whole flight until I sorted it.

Something you could try if you haven't already is to do with the Wifi setup. In settings, from the WLAN screen hit the menu selector (three dots) and go into the Advanced menu.

In there is a setting "Notify whenever a public network is available"  Make sure this is switched off.  Again too clever for its  own good this setting is normally allowing the WiFi to do other stuff and is possibly picking up the odd WiFi public network even at height to ask you if you'd wish to connect, by which time it's gone!  Worth a try

BobD

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2019, 09:11:33 am »
I have a nifty little App called wi-fi prioritised which allows me to choose my wi-fi source, so I should theoretically be "tied" to PAW, but I've made the change you suggested, as you say, worth a try !

Deker

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2019, 01:43:37 pm »
I also use wifi prioritizer.
It has stopped my Samsung tablet trying to connect to every Tom Dick and Harry Hotspot as I'm taxiing to the hold.