Author Topic: Flarm wiring information  (Read 3918 times)

shredmaster

Flarm wiring information
« on: November 21, 2017, 01:26:47 pm »
Hi, I can't seem to find out how to wire up the Flarm mouse to talk to pilot aware ?

I've found a few threads which show it's possible, but not the wiring information. Can anyone help ?

exfirepro

Re: Flarm wiring information
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:22:16 pm »
Hi Shred,

Busy updating the instruction sheet to take account of new LXNav 4-Port splitters. Drop me a pm with your e-mail and I’ll send you a copy as soon as it’s done,

Regards

Peter

shredmaster

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:27:31 pm »
Thank you, I've pm'ed you with my email address.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 01:10:13 pm »
Shred,

No message received my end.

Peter

Keithvinning

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 06:20:06 pm »
The excellent paper that Peter wrote is now available at PilotAware,com documents

Shgibson

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 07:07:24 pm »
Problem with putting Flarm RS232 USB in port 4 is that the infrared receiver lump on top of the RTL-SDR USB means it will not fit. If you put the RTL-SDR in 4 then RS232 will fit in 1 underneath it. Will this matter?

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 07:55:40 pm »
No. You just specify which port you want to use for the RS232 out in the configuration settings.

exfirepro

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 05:04:52 am »
Problem with putting Flarm RS232 USB in port 4 is that the infrared receiver lump on top of the RTL-SDR USB means it will not fit. If you put the RTL-SDR in 4 then RS232 will fit in 1 underneath it. Will this matter?

It doesn’t matter which dongle is in which port, as long as you reconfigure the correct port for your FLARM input. Unfortunately you seem to have got your port numbering a bit mixed up. Port 1 is NOT underneath Port 4. Looking at the PAW with the Ethernet connection on the left hand side, the ports are numbered....

Ethernet       Port 1    Port 3

Port           Port 2    Port 4

See pages 6 and 7 in the FLARMMouse Installation Guide in the Documents section on www.pilotaware.com

Getting this right is critical as otherwise you will be configuring the wrong Port, which means that your FLARM connection won’t work and neither will whatever you have plugged into the port you have (wrongly) configured.

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:19:19 am by exfirepro »