British Forum > OGN-R PilotAware

Potential new station

(1/3) > >>

John Parker:
Hi all

Now I'm back on the committee at Fenland I'm looking to persuade the purchase of a paw/ogn unit to mount on the tower. Would Fenland position benefit the network being close to Crowland? Is it reliable when setup (being an early paw user I'm not phased by any initial niggles now :) ) . How is everyone else getting on with it. Can the tower have access to a screen display from the unit via tablet or pc? we have about a 3.5mb pipe 24/7 is this enough?

Thanks

John

Admin:
Hi John

I will point Keith at your posting, but just to say :-

--- Quote ---Is it reliable when setup (being an early paw user I'm not phased by any initial niggles now :) )
--- End quote ---
There is a self guided installation, which is very easy to setup, in addition to an expert installation for an existing OGN
Seems in your case as a new installation - it would be the former.

--- Quote ---How is everyone else getting on with it
--- End quote ---
Take a look here for the current coverage
http://ognrange.onglide.com/#PW%,max,all,52.314106_-0.836421,8,#00990000:#009900ff,circles;

--- Quote ---Can the tower have access to a screen display from the unit via tablet or pc?
--- End quote ---
Not currently, but we have some good ideas about this.

--- Quote ---we have about a 3.5mb pipe 24/7 is this enough?
--- End quote ---
The data requirements are very small - this is way more than is needed, so no problem

Thx
Lee

Keithvinning:
Hi John

Brilliant I have sent you a PM

The network is growing fantastically now. We will have 50 up by the end of the year. The more the better. Please keep the offers coming in 200 target for next year then we really will have brilliant coverage for all us PAW-ites.

bnmont:
Hi John,
Please see these for an indication of what my station (PWEverton) has achieved. Standard antenna supplied by Keith and standard P3i (pilotaware) antenna.
I recon the coverage is pretty good. My antenna is about 8m above ground level so nothing special.

bnmont:
UP-OGN on Skydemon from my ground station PWEverton

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version